Tuesday, December 12, 2006

MTV Bakra!!

Well I don't need to explain what the first two words of the post-title suggest. Well not that someone played MTV Bakra on me, but having watched this show on and off makes me think, how would I behave if someone played something like this one me and how alert should one be to find out if someone may be playing MTV Bakra on me.

It happened one Saturday; I went with a friend of mine to do some shopping at Levis Signature@ Devraja Urs Road. She was giving me some t-shirts to try out and later some jeans as well and I used to come out of trial room to take second opinion. I don't know what was on her mind but sometimes she was giving me one of the weirdest color combinations that I would ever lay my hands on (red & black was one...on me!!… yuck). Well after some time I had tried some 5-6 combinations and I think we kept the staff busy collecting the tried-n-discarded stuff from the trial room. Well, to put it mildly they were amused at my state.

All along when I used to come out, my frnd was standing out waiting to approve/disapprove; I was noticing this guy, standing at a distance and just casually checking out clothes. He was taking side glances with i-pity-you kind of looks. I noticed him smirking twice or thrice and getting amused.

So just once when I tried this yucky red& black combo, I came out he was standing at the far end near the counter and as soon as I came out, my friend started laughing a bit loudly, attracting the attention of most of the other people in the store at that time. Then I noticed this guy lean on to this friend of his and whisper in his ear something, as if saying "look at that poor mannequin/guy!!" (my sorry state of affairs didn’t hint anything else to me). I was so conscious of this that I quickly went back into the trial room.

She was still laughing, so I casually asked if she was playing some MTV Bakra on me. I said this was the final combo and closed the trial room door. Then the big questions hit me-- what if?? All this time I was trying out different pairs which meant that for most part of the time in the trial room, I would be clad in just the basic garments. So I just looked around in the trial room for any traces of holes and some camera chord hanging out.

Thankfully there was none. But I did hallucinate the people in the store to break into peals of laughter, as I am coming out of the trial room, shouting, “bakra………” with the dreaded bakra-cap!!

So what would you do if you doubt that you are in this situation??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

KT bhai being paranoid in mysore is of no use..
mtv bakra doesnt come to small towns.(that is what I assume after seeing so many episodes)
had u been in bangalore, u cud have become wary.. but not in mysore yaar..

LOl@ red and black on you.. I dont want to imagine how u wud have looked.;)

but interesting situation u have imagined.. what wud u do if it really was a bakra going on!!! scary... goood that u didnt post this before I went to mumbai..I wud have assumed every auto and taxi walla to be a accomplice of cyrus :)

KT said...

he he... really in Mumbai, you can be easily paranoid about that esp with taxi wallah since there have been many bakra episodes involving taxi's

and I guess in these situations, you can't help rather than just give a sheepish grin...!! No alertness would help I guess...

Arun k j said...

ha ha ha....i jus imagined ur situation there at the moment...it was really funny.... even if u were sure confident enough tht these shows doesnt come to smaller cities., in situations like these u tend to have these creepy feeling.... :)
i really wud love to see u in the real MTV BAKRA show :D lolzzz

KT said...

I think I am with you on each and every point except the Bakra thing on me... I'd hate it....

I mean that's what had made me paranoid!!