Friday, February 08, 2008

Timeline

Mission Started: 14th January 2008.

Mission Deadline: 05th February 2008

Mission Objectives: To successfully(?) invest in Mutual Funds for 2007-2008 and submit 1) investment and 2) HRA proofs by the deadline at office.


Warfront Locations:

Qwest Bangalore – company I work for

My house

UTI Main office – Ulsoor, Bangalore

Bajaj Capital – UTI folks frequent its offices to accept Pan Card applications.

(action at MG Road and Koramangala branches)


Mission Comrades:

Me – no songs here but only action. Some spy games for me.

Krishna – My tax consultant in Mysore. He did the processing of Pan Card details change.

Sreedhar – A MF agent I and my room mates Pappu and Karun happen to know.

Divya – UTI lady with whom I was in touch through e-mail and who sped up my case pretty quick. Thanks!

Room-mates


SWOT:

Strength: Excellent efficiency in 11th hour actions. Mantra for 11th hour action: Don’t take anything granted at all. Be as cynical as you can be. Trust you gut-feeling nothing else.

Weakness: Loses motivation very quickly

Opportunities: Test if strength is still there and if weakness is gone. May be an adventure

Threat: Failure to comply may result in 5 figure amount landing up in govt coffers. It may be the last that you see of it for 2-3 years.

Full Mission timeline very soon …. At worst the account of it is funny at best exciting and nail-biting.


Addendum:

Facts of the case prior to start of the mission:

F1 -
PAN Card is with UTI Mysore local office for the last 14 months for correction of DOB. No idea till mission start time what happened to PAN Card

F2 - I only remembered Pan Card no., took 15 copies and scan of pan card before submitting but lost them in good faith (?). Didn’t even have acknowledgment for submitting Pan Card. So I don’t have PAN card or its photocopy or its scan which is taken while investing into mutual funds (MF). I can invest in PPF but I don’t want to do that. So mission starts because of this

F3 - Had already decided 2-3 MFs to invest in for the year

F4 - HRA needs photocopy of bank cheque made in the name of landlady with quarterly rent receipts. I had already deposited the cheque for rent to my landlady's account on 1st January, 2008.

F5 - Infosys Mysore was my last company where I got my PAN card made and I had put Infosys Mysore address while applying for PAN card.


F6 - I hold Axis and ICICI bank accounts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

he he :D
Really good job there :D Loved the SWOT analysis :P
Its 11th already, did you manage to bytheway??

Unknown said...

:) I see you have been feeding 'Trying-to-make-sense-of-the-melodrama-called-life' quite regularly now. Good. But what was that thing with the PAN card?

KT said...

@abhishek, ashes

I am working on the full story .. just I am trying to keep it concise.. will be up in a couple of days....

Anonymous said...

Hi. Thanks for participating in the Bangalore bloggers meet scheduled for tomorrow, Feb 16. I would like to confirm your participation and I am looking forward to meeting you in person and other bloggers as well. As of now 50+ bloggers have confirmed their participation. Email me at anwin.at.anw.in or call me on 9880518019 for anything regarding the bloggers meet.